Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tin Tin in Tibet/ The Moon

This week I chose to read Tin Tin. The thing I enjoyed most about reading it was getting to explore our world and beyond it. To Tin Tin the world was his oyster. He seems to love exploring with his dog. To keep the story going, Tin Tin constantly has cases of bad luck but in the end he usually ends up on top. The text fits in really well with the drawing style. The text resembles scripts from the Far East which helps reinforce the setting and even the events that take place. Another Tin Tin I read they went to the Moon! and the text had a digital clock typeface, which reinforced the technology, they were using in their adventures. Something that bothered me is that Tin Tin hardly changes clothes. Whether he is trekking through the desert or freezing in the mountains he is always wearing his polo shirt and Capri pants.

I will just assume for now that it is easier to print or draw when creating the strip.

An aspect I enjoyed was the consistently clear placement of the characters in the scene. It was consistently clear and interesting from panel to panel, and I felt like I was along for the ride with Tin Tin.

Tin Tin in Space was really long so I decided to skim through it. The story seemed to stay pretty strong through out. The same color palette and props were used, which the only drawback for me.

Occasionally they would bring in a new character. But for the most part they would keep the same four characters in a given adventure. I enjoyed this aspect for the most part, because it gave deeper insight to the character but out of that the characters would have similar reactions to completely different events.

In the end the quirkiness grew on me throughout the story was fun and there were some really well written parts that helped me connect with Tin Tin and added to my enjoyment of the comic as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment